We all know how good antioxidants are for our bodies. But is vitamin C good for skin?
Read on to find out how vitamin C can help your complexion look brighter, firmer and hydrated.
Vitamin C’s benefits for skin
- Vitamin C is essential to the healthy functioning of the body and the skin, and it helps to fight against oxidative, stress-induced damage and free radicals like pollution. All these factors can have a negative impact on the skin.
- While Vitamin C can help to neutralise the free radicals caused by oxidative stress, it can’t protect the skin from UV rays like an SPF can. Make sure you use your vitamin C serum alongside high, broad-spectrum sun protection for best results.
- When applied topically to the skin, vitamin C can aid the skin’s natural ability to heal itself and improve pigment disorders and inflammation. A true multi-tasker, this active ingredient also penetrates the deep layers of the epidermis and works to reduce fine lines, even out the complexion and boost radiance.
- Vitamin C is a powerful yet fragile ingredient that degrades quickly when exposed to oxygen, water and heat. Its properties remain intact for 10 days only – which is why Vichy Laboratories developed the 10-day vitamin C cure. This Brightening Skin Corrector contains 15% of pure vitamin C, making it one of the most powerful antioxidant actives available, alongside fragmented hyaluronic acid for hydration, Neohesperidin to prevent UV damage, and Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water to strengthen the skin’s natural defences.
- A vitamin C serum, like Vichy’s Brightening Skin Corrector, is the ideal solution for when skin is under stress – like during wedding season or post-festival. It can also help if you live in a polluted environment or are affected by seasonal changes. Use over a 10-day period to give the skin a brightening boost when it needs it most.