Daktarin 2% Cream 15g
FREE standard UK delivery on all orders over £40 - NHS Prescriptions are delivered FREE with standard delivery
- Contains Miconazole Nitrate 2% w/w as main active ingredient
- Treats infections such as athlete's foot, dhobie itch, intertrigo and nappy rash
- Cream can be used in area like on hands, nails, feet, outer ear, trunk and groin
- Moisturising properties of cream helps to soothe cracked and infected skin
Patient Information Form
Description: Daktarin 2% Cream is a medicine which is used in the treatment of fungal and associated bacterial infections of the skin and nails. Skin infections may appear on the hands, feet, outer ear, trunk or groin and include athlete's foot, dhobie itch and intertrigo. Daktarin 2% Cream is also effective against infected nappy rash. The cream contains miconazole nitrate which works by destroying both the fungus that causes the infection and some of the associated bacteria which may also be present. It also has moisturising properties to help soothe cracked, red skin.
This medicine is for use in adults and children of all ages.
- For using it first time, pierce the seal using the cap
- Ensure the affected area is washed and dried before applying the cream
- Apply the cream directly to infection and surrounding area
- Repeat the application twice a day for up to 10 days or until all signs of infection disappears
How to apply the cream
- Wash the infected area and dry it well. As many skin conditions are contagious, you should keep a towel and flannel for your own use and not share it so that you do not infect anyone else.
- Apply the cream onto the infected area and surrounding skin.
- Wash your hands carefully after applying the cream to avoid spreading the infection to other parts of the body or to other people. Similarly, clothing which comes into contact with the infected areas, such
Side Effects and Precautions:
Allergic reactions like rashes or itching with this skin may be seen
The active ingredient in 1 g of Daktarin 2% Cream is: Miconazole nitrate 20 mg. Other ingredients are: PEG-6, PEG-32 and glycol, stearate, oleoyl macroglycerides, liquid paraffin, benzoic acid (E210), butylated hydroxyanisole (E320), purified water.
What the medicine looks like
Daktarin 2% Cream is a white cream available in tubes of 15 g.
- Store the cream in cool and dry place away from moisture and heat
- Keep it at a safe distance from children and pets