Glutarol Wart Paint 10ml
FREE standard UK delivery on all orders over £40 - NHS Prescriptions are delivered FREE with standard delivery
- Effective treatment for warts and verrucas
- The active drug kills the virus that causes warts
- Prevents the spreading of infection
- Suitable for adults and children
Patient Information Form
Description: Glutarol Wart Paint is prescribed for treating warts and verrucas that are small outgrowths of the skin caused by a type of virus. This topical medicine contains Glutaraldehyde, which kills the virus and dries out the wart or verruca, eventually preventing the spreading of infection.
Direction of Use:
- Only use Glutarol on warts and verrucas for which your doctor or pharmacist has recommended it.
For adults, children and the elderly:
Repeat the following twice daily until the wart or verruca disappears:
A. Soak the affected area in hot, soapy water for 2 to 3 minutes.
B. Dry the area thoroughly with your own towel (this will help stop the
infection from spreading to other people).
C. Gently rub away any loose hard skin from the surface of the wart
or verruca with an emery board or a piece of pumice stone;
– do not let anyone else use the emery board or pumice stone
as the infection may spread to them.
D. Unscrew the cap of the bottle and, using the applicator attached to
the inside of the cap, carefully apply two coats of the paint to the
top of the wart or verruca only:
• avoid spreading onto surrounding healthy skin;
• allow the first coat to dry for a few minutes before applying the second coat.
E. There is no need to cover the wart or verruca with a plaster.
F. The length of treatment will vary depending on the size and resistance of the wart or verruca:
• some may go in a relatively short time;
• some warts and verrucas can require up to 12 weeks treatment before they disappear;
• it is important that you do not give up on the treatment until the wart, or verruca has disappeared
• if you have any concerns about the wart or verruca during treatment seek advice from your doctor or pharmacist; if the wart or verruca has not disappeared after twelve weeks of treatment ask your doctor or pharmacist for further advice.
If the product accidentally gets onto normal skin, wipe it off straight away with a tissue, and, if necessary, wash the area.
If the product accidentally gets into the eyes, it may cause damage. Rinse the eyes with plenty of water. If rinsing one eye, take care to avoid washing product into the other eye. Then seek urgent hospital attention.
If the product accidentally gets swallowed, seek urgent hospital attention. A stomach washout is required immediately.
If you inhale a lot of the vapour from the product, get plenty of fresh air.
If you forget to use Glutarol Do not worry if you occasionally forget to use this product, just carry on using it when you remember.
Side Effects and Precautions:
- Do not apply on healthy skin, moles or open injury
- Do not apply more than advised dose, as it can irritate your skin
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers should consult doctor before use
- Active Ingredient – Glutaraldehyde 10% w/v
- Other Ingredients – Purified Water and Industrial Methylated Spirit
Each Pack Contains: 10ml of Glutarol Wart Paint
- Store the medicine away from direct sunlight or heat
- Keep the bottle out of the reach of children