Dermol 500 Lotion 500ml
FREE standard UK delivery on all orders over £40 - NHS Prescriptions are delivered FREE with standard delivery
Patient Information Form
Dermol 500 Lotion is useful for dry skin conditions, such as eczema and dermatitis, which get worse when the skin is allowed to dry out. Used regularly, this lotion can help restore the skin's smoothness, softness and flexibility by replacing lost moisture and helping the skin retain moisture. This helps reduce scaling, redness and itching.
Dermol 500 Lotion contains four main ingredients:
- Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate, both of which have moisturising properties
- Benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine hydrochloride, which are antiseptics
Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate work by replacing lost water within the skin, and by forming a waterproof barrier over the skin surface. This prevents water within the skin from evaporating and keeps the underlying skin hydrated.
Benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine hydrochloride have antiseptic properties that help to destroy bacteria on the surface of the skin, which may otherwise infect and aggravate dry skin conditions such as eczema.
Directions of use of Dermol 500 Lotion for adults, children and the elderly:
- For application to the skin: Apply the lotion to the affected areas and massage gently into the skin, until absorbed. Repeat as often as required.
- For use as a soap substitute: Use as a cleanser in the bath or shower, or for other toiletry purposes, instead of ordinary soap or shower gel.
Caution before using Dermol 500 Lotion:
- For external use only.
- Do not use if sensitive to any of the ingredients.
Dermol 500 Lotion contains:
Active ingredients: Benzalkonium Chloride 0.1%, Chlorhexidine Hydrochloride 0.1%, Liquid Paraffin 2.5%, Isopropyl Myristate 2.5%. Also contains:Cetostearyl Alcohol, Cetomacrogol 1000, Phenoxyethanol, Purified water.